P-trap install

Users who are viewing this thread

lhoward145

Reaction score
Removed fiberglass shower and building a ceramic tile shower. Will be installing Kerdi drain. If I place the new Kerdi drain on the existing 2" PVC vertical that exists the P-trap, the Kerdi drain will be 6" off the bathroom floor. That is to high given that I also need at least 2" above the drain for the curb.

Question: Can I replumb the P-trap by moving it vertically down so the Kerdi drain can be lower? This will put bottom of P-trap near bottom of horizontal waste pipe.

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
From the outlet of the p-trap, it has to slope down from there.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap

Unless it was not installed properly in the first place you cannot lower it. but, if it was to an existing shower, it should already be low enough and you just have to shorten the riser pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks