Removing old Delta spout / diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

billwil

Reaction score
Shower enclosure in guest bath has old Delta system (20 years old?) with two handle controls and spout with diverter. Would like to replace spout (along with showerhead) but it does not appear to be threaded. If compression fit, how do I remove? There is small opening at base near wall that allows access to pipe but there is not a set screw in it. Suggestions appreciated - thanks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Delta has a design where a threaded adapter is soldered to the copper pipe, then the spout just screws onto that adapter. Are you sure you can't unscrew it?

billwil

Reaction score
Jimbo - I've turned it with some force and didn't seem to budge but I didn't want to over-do it. Is it most likely threaded?

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
whom ever installed it could have cranked it hard, also make sure there is no caulking holding it at the wall. Most tub spouts are attached with a nipple or copper male adapter. If there is no set screw the installer cranked it. I've had some very difficult ones in the past, thought i would rip out the whole valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks