Hot water dispenser help

Users who are viewing this thread

lati_cz

Reaction score
I have Insinkerator instant water dispenser, the faucet broke and new one is expensive. Friend gave my one, but it's different brand. Mine faucet has a 4 lines, his only 3. I have extra line - vent line on dispenser. What purpose has a vent line? Is there any way to install it so it works? Thank you. Michal

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It vents the steam created when the water is heated. I would not install it if it were I. The other three lines are cold water into the faucet, cold water down to the tank, and hot water out of the tank to the faucet. How old is the unit?

lati_cz

Reaction score
I am not sure how old is it, it came with the house. I thought it drains a steam so I dumped it directly into drain, but water runs from it. I'll check the unit, could be broken. Thank you, Michal

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks