Moen cartridge stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

scorpsista

Reaction score
I had my Moen valve stuck in August. A Plumber came out, removed the old cartridge and replaced with a new one. He used the same handle that had broke the cartridge, and when I say broke, the handle broke off at the stem of the cartridge. Today, 9 months later, it's stuck again. I think he should have replaced the handle, because the current handle is old and sits on the cartridge valve wobbly. Is there a way to loosen up the cartridge with some kind of lubricant? I am guessing it got stuck again because of mineral deposits. Do I need to have the valve replaced now? Also, the cartridge never turned all the way, I never got the hot water I used to have, and it has a constant drip. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

plumbingskool

Tradesman
Reaction score
Your going to haVE to replace the handle and the cartridge this time,

It's just not worth it to try to "band aid" the cartridge ( Lubricating it)

I would also suggest having a plumber install a water filter if you know you have lots of minerals in your water.

Hope this helps, This is only my opinion, I am sure you will gets several:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks