Basement septic lift station-check valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Eagle45

Reaction score
Recently had plumber install lift station for our basement sewage. Inspector noted the following missing reqiuirements from the 2-inch ABS discharge pipe:
-union
-shutoff
-check valve.

My main question is what type of backfow valve to use. I picked up one with a flapper valve inside, but a note that came with it indicates this is for a horizontal installation. So I have another valve (photo attached) that slides right inside the 2-inch ABS. Is this the correct valve to use in this application?
What keeps this type of valve from moving up & down inside the pipe?

Also wondering as to positioning of the 3 missing items. My guess would be, starting at the bottom, the union, then the check valve, then the shutoff at the top? Does it matter what height each is at? I figured the shutoff should be right close to the top where it enters the main sewage line.

For the shutoff, I figured just I would use just an ordinary gate valve?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• bakflowValve.JPG
    bakflowValve.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,519
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks