Help with garage plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

67restoproj

Reaction score
Website
s165.photobucket.com
Building a garage with a 2 piece bath and was wondering how you bring your water and sewer up to the finished slab. Also how to tie in for the vent. I appreciate your help. I am also going to make a run down to the library...Thanks!!!

67restoproj

Reaction score
Website
s165.photobucket.com
The black lines on the sides of the forms are finished slab height...

67rest-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Around here in Florida, they plan what all the plumbing should look like when it's all done, then just do it in place, brace it so it doesn't move, and pour the slab. Horizontal positioning is done using strings from reference marks on the batten boards or footer forms, and verticals just go up well above the finished height -- they're capped and trimmed to finish height later. I'm amazed by the precision -- pipes come through the finished slab right where they need to be when walls go up later, WC stubs are 12" from finished wall, etc., all to within 1/8" or so.

Supply lines are insulated where they're under the slab, waste lines are insulated to provide tweaking gaps between the pipe and the slab. Some waste & vent lines are sometimes left very long for static pressure testing. Needless to say, all pressure testing (supply and DWV) is done before the slab is poured. I'll look around for a home under construction (a rarety here these days) and post a pic if I can find one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks