Gas boiler installation...

Users who are viewing this thread

mremail1964

Reaction score
I have purchased a 150K gas boiler with all the necessary components needed for safe operation. My question is what ball park price am I looking at for installation by a certified plumber? I live in central New Jersey.
Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is this to replace an existing one? New installation? Same kind of flue? Same diameter? Do you need to run electrric, water, gas? New circulation pumps, how many zones? Does the thing need to be balanced and programmed? ANtifreeze, or just water?

Cough up some info...it's sort of like asking how much to paint the house when you don't know if it is a one-story bungalow, or a McMansion...

mremail1964

Reaction score
jadnashua said:
Is this to replace an existing one? New installation? Same kind of flue? Same diameter? Do you need to run electrric, water, gas? New circulation pumps, how many zones? Does the thing need to be balanced and programmed? ANtifreeze, or just water?

Cough up some info...it's sort of like asking how much to paint the house when you don't know if it is a one-story bungalow, or a McMansion...

Ok,
This is replacing an old 150K natural gas hot water boiler, my house is approx 2000Sq ft everything as far as electric and gas will stay the same. There is only one zone and the pump as well as all the necessary components were purchased already (expansion tank, valves etc...) The vent size will also stay the same but I am told that a chimney liner would be a smart choice so I am not aware if this would require a change of diameter for the flue vent or not. I am just looking for a ball park on price of labor. The old boiler was already removed and the existing water and gas lines are capped waiting for the new install.
Thanks,
Lee

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Cough up some info...it's sort of like asking how much to paint the house when you don't know if it is a one-story bungalow, or a McMansion...[/quote]

Or if it is a porch or a Porsche.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your problem is going to be to find a licensed plumber/gas installer who is willing to install product that you bought at a reasonable price.

Ordinarily, the installer gets a markup on equipment like that and considers it part of his profit opportunity. Also, he gets warranty support from his suppliers and you get warranty support on the installation.

You might find yourself spending more than if you had competed the whole package.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
hj said:
Or if it is a porch or a Porsche.
...... or a Porcher!

As to the question, you have given us a lot of information, but this is bigger than say a water heater install. It would be hard to quote a price sight unseen. We don't know your area. Labor could be $50 to $100 per hour. Maybe a 2 man job. There will be some need for materials, but we can't tell how much.

Best bet is to get a few estimates and try to find a plumber well known in your neighborhood.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks