leaking facet

Users who are viewing this thread

michaeljames

Reaction score
Hi gang...I have a leaking moen faucet...just up from the base of the neck there is an insert hole where an allen key fits(you can see it in the pic)and water is leaking from it...I tightened it up without success...any thoughts or input would be appreciated
thanks in advance.......mike

Attachments

• DSCF2281.jpg
    DSCF2281.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 147

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Does it continue to leak after the water is turned off...If you remove the screw and pull off the spout there will be O rings that need to be replaced and a light coating of silicone put on both parts before reassembling...this may be the problem...

Be sure to use Moen replacement parts....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
leak

The allen screw just holds the spout in place. It has nothing to do with the leak. You have to remove the spout and replace the "O" ring seals.

michaeljames

Reaction score
yes..it does continue to leak when the tap is off...plus the dam thing is still pretty new...less then 2 yrs old

Seaofnames

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.boilermakers359.org
You can try replacing some of the o rings, but you might as well give moen a call as they might just send you new internals. Its really easy to do if you are decent with tools and such.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When you shut the water off, a column of water will remain in the vertical part until it all drains out the leak. Probably 1/2-cup or more in there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks