PEX-PIPE For pipe replacement in condo building?

Users who are viewing this thread

tcmalibu

Reaction score
I am on the homeowners board for a condo association in Southern Calif. and we are looking at replacing 35 year old steel plumbing. we have 2 main towers, 3 stories tall with 40 units in each.
The question is, would PEX-PIPE be a good solution to re-piping these buildings? Does CA. plumbing code allow for this type of installation?

Obviously, going with copper will cost a bundle and we are looking for alternatives?

Any help or light someone can shed on this will be greatly appreciated!

TCMALIBU

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The 2007 California Plumbing code allows PEX, but a lot of cities DO NOT adopt that particular provision. You would have to check locally. Any plumber in your area would know. I assume anyone you looked to for a bid could quote you for any material which is allowed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks