Anyone used FluidMaster WaxFree toilet gasket on a flang with a recessed drain pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

aavguy

Reaction score
Here is my situation.. my flange sites .75 inches below my tile surface. Tried using an extended height wax ring but it seems just barely tall enough (its barely squishes at all). I thought I would trying a Fluidmaster wax free toilet gasket. Ran into problems as my 3" drain pipe doesn't sit flush with the top of my flange.. it sits down slightly. However, its just enough that using the 3" ring from Fluid Master just barely reaches into the drain pipe. What seemed to work though, is using the larger rubber ring and placing in inside the recessed area of the flange just above the top of the 3" drain pipe. Seems to fit snug and I don't have any leaks. I guess the only reason I am concerned is the possibility of sewer gas leaking up through. Is it safe to say that it would be painfully obvious if it was leaking sewer gas?

Don't know if it matters, but I used the approach of placing the gasket on the bottom of the toilet and inserting it (like I read this board) rather than following FluidMaster's instructions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks