Pocket Gasket Pipe Install ?

Users who are viewing this thread

cj7365

Reaction score
I am laying 2000 feet of 2 inch pocket gasket pipe for a water supply line to my property for a future house, I have trenched 4ft down, and have install the pipe, the last pipe I installed a everyday facet, before filling in the ditch I wanted to check for leaks, when I turned the water on and after it starts building presure, one of the pipes comes apart, this is the first time I have worked with pocket gasket, does the trench need to be filled in, "dirt on pipe" before presurizing, does the dirt keep the pipes from seprating?? I notice there is really nothing "holding" the pipe together, please help, I do not really have the time to cut each piece and install glueable couplers.

Thanks in advance

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
The pipe you are using, Does it have the rubber o-ring gasket?
If that is what you are using. It takes the pressure in the line to tighten the seal.
The one that came apart may have not been together good enough.
For this type of pipe to seal right, all connections must be flush together, when pressure is applied, the entire line will move(stretch out) as it tightens up the seals.

If we are talking about the same pipe.

Travis

cj7365

Reaction score
I am using 2 inch PVC pocket gasket, it has a rubber gasket inside, you lubricate the gasket and then the spigot, then slide it into another piece, it does not lock into place, I usually use the standard glue PVC but because this is such a long stretch this pipe was recommend, I did download another instruction manual that states it has to have wieght on it so the pipe can not move.

Here is the manual I downloaded

http://www.dpcpipe.com/images/pdf/installation%20guide/IPSPIPInstallation.pdf

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks