Wiring a 6-20R Plug

Users who are viewing this thread

skid2964

Reaction score
I am running a circuit for a tanning bed requiring a 220v 20amp dedicated circuit.

I understand the red and black go on the gold connectors, but what goes on the green one? is that for a ground or neutral?

Thanks

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
I am running a circuit for a tanning bed requiring a 220v 20amp dedicated circuit.

I understand the red and black go on the gold connectors, but what goes on the green one? is that for a ground or neutral?

Thanks

green is always Ground... If your wiring a 6-20r plug why are you even asking?

Last edited:

skid2964

Reaction score
All the responses jarred my memory. it's been a long time since I wired a 220v circuit.

I remembered: I've wired these cicuits with all four wires! now I have an option for only three! But I remember now, they were circuits for ovens and dryers, etc. which needed the neutral to make an 125v control circuit.

It is elelmentary, I know, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the responses. I have the tanning bed up and running fine, my wife is happy now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks