Culligan silver not metering flow

Users who are viewing this thread

Merc13

Reaction score
My 12 year old culligan silver was not softening. In the diagnostics noticed it has not regenerated for 99
days and the soft-minder is indicating no flow with a tap wide open -no it is not in bypass. I accesed the
turbine and if I blow on it it registers up to 12. Crazy thing is as soon as I hook it up and open bypass
And a tap no flow is indicated. The metal shaft running through the turbine was able to slide fairly easily
So I glue it thinking turbine may be getting pushed back and binding on housing but made no difference.
Is it possible I have electronics issue ie. Not enough voltage to magnetic sensor and so not strong
enough to measure through water? I also cleaned the turbine, ran water through with it openned
Up incase there was any debris in plumbing binding impeller. Tried turning impeller around the other way
Which made no difference- does direction matter? Only difference seems to be the tiny plastic tabs
Sticking out of the magnet holders. Really would appreciate your expertise. Thanks, Geoff.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've seen where the magnets pull out from their housing a little and bind. But if you can blow on it and get a reading, than I would say the electronics are working.

Merc13

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe the voltage at the sensor was not adequate to get a reading through the water? I wish I new what
And where to measure with a mutimeter- anyone? Time for a circuit board?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it works when you blow on it, then I didn't believe the voltage is an issue. It's got to be binding when it's put together.

Merc13

Reaction score
Thanks mialynette2003 ! Your comments forced me to take turbine apart again. Reversed turbine and it's working.
When I glued turbine axle I left it slightly longer coming out one side in case it was binding with the water pressure i
would be able to force it further from housing. Problem was I assembled the opposite direction.
:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks