Grohmix shower no cold water

Users who are viewing this thread

GerardSamuel

Reaction score
My Grohmix shower suddenly stopped producing cold water last week on the day that the apartment building turned on the heating system for the winter (I don't know whether the two events are related). Now all I can get is scalding hot water so the shower is unusable. I think the unit dates from the 1970s. I remember a few years ago, the cartridge had to be replaced because it had gotten clogged with sediment and no cold water was coming out. Do you think that could be the problem again? If so, do you think I would need the actual model number to try to track down a new cartridge or would just the brand be sufficient? I'm trying to avoid installing a whole new shower.

About a year ago, you guys really helped me out with a kitchen question. I love this forum.

Gerard

Faucet Grohmix photo.JPG

GerardSamuel

Reaction score
My Grohmix shower suddenly stopped producing cold water last week on the day that the apartment building turned on the heating system for the winter (I don't know whether the two events are related). Now all I can get is scalding hot water so the shower is unusable. I think the unit dates from the 1970s. I remember a few years ago, the cartridge had to be replaced because it had gotten clogged with sediment and no cold water was coming out. Do you think that could be the problem again? If so, do you think I would need the actual model number to try to track down a new cartridge or would just the brand be sufficient? I'm trying to avoid installing a whole new shower.

About a year ago, you guys really helped me out with a kitchen question. I love this forum.

Gerard

View attachment 17595

Now the plumber is telling me that the whole shower has to be replaced, which I am trying to avoid. Do you think it is just a matter of the parts being hard to come by, since the unit dates from the 1970s? I think I can probably find the parts somewhere. I really don't want to rip out the shower because of this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks