Problem w/ shower

Users who are viewing this thread

BigRon

Reaction score
I have a 3 valve style tub shower. The left is the hot water. The right is the cold water. And the middle redirects the water to the shower head.

I have a problem that just occured this morning as everything was fine last night. I can turn on the hot and cold water into the tub fine, but when I try to redirect it, then all of the water flow stops, both into the tub and nothing from the showerhead.

I'm not familiar at all with plumbing but can someone explain to me what the most liklihood of this problem?

Ron

Plumguy

Reaction score
You're "middle" handle or diverter needs to be repaired or replaced(stem). Look on the handles for a brand name and go to a supply house or HD and you can buy a new one or look at it and see what kind of washer and bibb screw you will need. Then you can make a decision on how you want to tackle it!

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
diverter

The middle handle is fine because it is doing what it is supposed to which is shut off water to the tub and direct it to the shower head. Your problem is that the shower head is plugged so the water cannot get out. Unscrew it and remove the debris, or whatever, is plugging the opening or screen into the shower head.

BigRon

Reaction score
Thanks

I will clean it out after work today. Will let you know how it went. Thanks for the help.

BigRon

Reaction score
No blockage

Well, i took the showerhead off and there was no blockage, I tried to turn it on w/o the shower head and just a trickle of water came out when I used the diverter. This probably goes beyond my skills so I will call the plumber.

Thanks for the assistance.

Plumguy

Reaction score
:confused: You don't think it might be that middle handle you were told to avoid!! ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks