leaking Hudson Reed tub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

kphee

Reaction score
I installed a new Hudson Reed tub faucet on a tiled deck. This unit has the faucet being fed by two remote handles. The faucet also has a diverter valve that sends water to a handheld shower.

My problem is that this Hudson Reed unit uses 3/4" hose type fittings with flat washers (just like a garden hose). I cannot get all of these fittings to seal, 3 out of 7 fittings continue to leak no matter how much I tighten those three fittings.

This seems to be a problematic way to make a plumbing connection, how can I make these fittings seal? Once I get these to stop leaking is this a connection I can trust over time?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, I must confess ignorance here. What the bleep is a Husdon Reed? Where do your get these? You will need to refer to the manufacturer's installation instructions and possibly call them.

kphee

Reaction score
Hudson Reed is a British manufacturer of bathroom and kitchen fixtures, http://usa.hudsonreed.com/

I'll try and contact them, they try and limit their support to e-mail only and I have read on other plumbing forums that it can take several days to get a response.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
The washers it came with are probably either not thick enough or not "rubbery" enough to make a good seal. If it really uses garden hose type washers, try buying a different brand and/or using two of them if they are the thin type. You might also want to try wrapping the male threaded ends with teflon tape. Unless there's a split in the fitting, you should be able to get a good seal.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks