The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
stealth_a8.jpg

The lid of the Stealth by Niagara

stealth_a4.jpg

The hold closest to the wall is for the vacuum assist.

stealth_a2.jpg

The bottom of the Stealth tank

stealth_a3.jpg

Rubber seal between tank and bowl

stealth_amy.jpg

Niagara Stealth

SamC

Reaction score
Looks a lot like the Briggs Vacuity, which is not recommended. If the Briggs clogged, care had to be taken to avoid forcing sewage into the tank through the vacuum tube when plunging. Did they fix that on the Niagara? Does the Niagara have a jet at the bottom of the bowl?

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Quite interesting that someone else decided to take on the vacuum assist flush system. I have a feeling they've learned from all of Briggs' mistakes and got this one right. At least I hope so.

tina tetrick

Reaction score
stealth_a8.jpg

The lid of the Stealth by Niagara

stealth_a4.jpg

The hold closest to the wall is for the vacuum assist.

stealth_a2.jpg

The bottom of the Stealth tank

stealth_a3.jpg

Rubber seal between tank and bowl

stealth_amy.jpg

Niagara Stealth
I cannot find where to post a question on this site?
I have the above toilet, only had for a year and the tank has stopped filling, had to turn off water valve as it would run

Reach4

Reaction score
I cannot find where to post a question on this site?
For future reference, here is how to post a new thread with a question:
  1. Click Forums, which gets you to https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php
  2. Click the name of the forum that you want to post into.
  3. On the right, click on "Post New Thread".
You don't need to do that now in that your follow-on is pretty relevant to the thread.

jmiah

Reaction score
Below are pictures of my Niagara N7717, which I recently purchased, and am just about to install.

On the inside of the bowl, near the entrance to the trapway, there is a "dimple" in the porcelain. See the following picture, with the dimple shown in a red box:

Niagara_N7717-Bowl1.jpg

When I first saw it, it looked like a manufacturing defect. But, in Terry's photo above, titled, "The bowl with water", it looks like that N7717 that he installed also has the same dimple, in the same location.

Does anyone else have any experience with this toilet, and can comment if you have seen any other Niagara N7717 toilets with that dimple in the porcelain?
Terry, any comments from you on this dimple? Do you recall if there was, in fact, such a dimple on N7717 toilets that you have installed?

See some additional photos below of this "dimple" on my N7717.

Because it looks like the same dimple is on the toilet in Terry's photo above, and given that it is unlikely that the dimple would not have been noticed by those at the factory who manufactured and packaged the toilet, I am concluding that the dimple is most likely normal, and is not a defect or cause for concern. So, I will most likely install the toilet, and hope for the best.

Thanks for any additional insight or info anyone can provide on this.

Niagara_N7717-Bowl2.JPG

Niagara_N7717-Bowl3.jpg

The following photo is a close-up, showing the detail:

Niagara_N7717-Bowl-Closeup.JPG

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't have the bowl in front of me, but I think the hole should have been punched out. Can you look under the bowl and see if there is a pathway to that location for water from the tank?
That might be a siphon jet hole.

jmiah

Reaction score
Hi Terry, thanks much for your reply. That does make sense, as the other two toilets I have in my house both have a larger hole in that area, for a water jet (the other two toilets are older, and a different brand). And, I can't think of any other reason why that dimple would be there on my Niagara N7717.

Below are a couple of photos of the underside of the bowl of my N7717. The two photos are the same, but in the second photo I put a red circle in the area where I estimate that the dimple is on the other side (i.e. inside the bowl).
To me, that area does look to have a pathway for water from the tank. Do you agree?

So, most likely a manufacturing defect on my toilet bowl?
(I haven't installed it yet.)

Niagara_N7717-Under-Bowl1.jpg

The "dimple", shown in the photos in my earlier post above, is approximately on the other side of the following area circled in red:

Niagara_N7717-Under-Bowl2.jpg

jmiah

Reaction score
Terry, I did a little more research, and your initial assessment above, that the "dimple" in my toilet is a siphon jet hole that should have been punched out when the toilet was being manufactured, is almost certainly correct.

Here's a link to a page on Niagara's website on their Stealth toilet technology, which includes the statement, "The siphon jet hole is smaller than a typical toilet and is located in an area where it can quickly force water from the bowl into the trapway.":
https://niagaracorp.com/stealth/
So, that also answers one of SamC's questions above; yes, the Niagara has a jet at the bottom of the bowl....but, not a working one on the Niagara that was shipped to me :-(

So, now I see that the the siphon jet hole on mine definitely has a manufacturing defect, and I am sure that would prevent the toilet from functioning properly/optimally. I am going to return it to the store, for sure. Now, I need to decide if I will get a replacement of the same Niagara toilet, or buy something else...
I was hoping to have my toilet install completed today, but I am very glad to have figured out the issue *before* the toilet was installed. Thanks so much for your help, Terry!

Mario O

Reaction score
Terry:
You mentioned that you have installed the Niagara Stealth, and it "works fine" in your daughter's place. How would you rank it if you updated and included it in your rankings? Three stars? More? i.e., here : https://terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm

Our local water utility is offering a Niagara Stealth install (model 7714 or 7717) for *free* (yes, both parts and labor).

https://www.calwater.com/conservation/install/

It would replace a less than stellar Eljer Patriot here. I have a Toto Drake in the other two bathrooms.

If you think the Niagara Stealth meets your "acceptable" standards, it seems like a no brainer to give the install the green light.
Thanks in advance, look forward to your response.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks