septic

Users who are viewing this thread

dickie5

Reaction score
Back already. I have another question. I have a septic tank and a cess pool. There is a pump somewhere to move the water from the tank to the pool. Where would this pump be? I have an earth contact home, consequently no basement. Thanks

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
dickie5 said:
Back already. I have another question. I have a septic tank and a cess pool. There is a pump somewhere to move the water from the tank to the pool. Where would this pump be? I have an earth contact home, consequently no basement. Thanks

You have a septic tank AND a cess pool? That's interesting. Could it be inside the septic tank? I'm assuming you have a breaker in your breaker panel for it? Can you follow those wires to the pump?

Jason

V

vaplumber

Septic tank and cesspool together are a possibility. Septic tank is not used as a septic tank, but as a pumping chamber to pump uphill to the cesspool. The pump is in the septic tank, and if you have the tank emptied, you will see the pump. Another possibility is that you may have a septic tank with a leeching pit, which may resemble a cesspool, but is not. In that case, you will have a pumping chamber, (a smaller tank) between your septic tank and your leeching pit, which pumps the grey water up hill to the leeching pit. Your pump will be located in this chamber. Pumps are only used where the waste has to be pumped up hill, or over a great distance, except in case of some of the newer alternative systems which use pumps and airators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks