Cadet 3 Flowise Flush Review

Users who are viewing this thread

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
I Agree

Works ok I think for most people's standards.
I have had extremely good experience with these toilets too. I recommended it to my uncle who was looking for a toilet and so far, he is VERY IMPRESSED. I have gone over there to test it (not to ''do my business'') but just to flush a bunch of toilet paper down it and it took it all. I even put 150 sheets in there and it still went down. So I agree with you, this is a very good toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisf8657

Reaction score
I reviewed this model.
Since installing it years ago, I have never clogged it, but then I hold the handle down for a full flush. Came right on the borderline (bowl filled all the way) a couple days ago but at the last second it went down (was very constipated after 5 days).

No leaks, no problems so far.
Terry and others have encountered problems with the china not being up to par, but if you get a good set that isn't chipped, etc. you've got a great toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Terry and others have encountered problems with the china not being up to par, but if you get a good set that isn't chipped, etc.

That kind of matters to plumbers. When you are picking up the product and garranteeing the product, it matters.

If you can "live" with the defects as a homeowner I get that. Not all of the customers are that forgiving though. And if we have to return and exchange a bowl or a tank, the time lost is one more job I could have done that day and gotten paid for. For those of you that do this on your own home, on weekends, and just love going back and forth to the store exchanging pieces and talking to the girls at the counter, all I have to say to that is, "My weekends are for skiing." And my workdays "have" to be productive. I try to sell product that never needs exchanging, because "my time is money"

For example; One of my supplies switched brands on tempering valves for water heaters. They went from Honeywell to Apollo. So the last two installs, both Apollo valves meant three return trips. Each trip cost me an hour in lost plumbing calls. The hourly money I lost was five times the cost of the valve. There was no cost difference between the two valves, but I was out what I would have made on three service calls.

So for a homeower with low expectations about time and quality, I say you get what you pay for.

I hold the handle down for a full flush.

Pretty much any toilet made will flush well if you drain the tank by holding the handle down. A good bowl will flush with 1.28 gallons. They don't need 3.5 gallons.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, the rubber parts in that toilet won't last long with that cleaner sitting in the tank...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was hoping the blue cleaner was just for demonstrating the flush. Is not, get rid of it. That stuff contains bleach which eats the hell out of all the rubber parts. To the gentleman who always holds the handle down to get a complete flush, when you do that, you are defeating the low flow feature. More over, you are indicating to me that the toilet doesn't flush very well. My Toto Drake and Toto Dartmouth have never, ever, required more that the basic flush.

chrisf8657

Reaction score
To the gentleman who always holds the handle down to get a complete flush, when you do that, you are defeating the low flow feature. More over, you are indicating to me that the toilet doesn't flush very well. My Toto Drake and Toto Dartmouth have never, ever, required more that the basic flush.

I did NOT buy the toilet for it's water-saving feature, I bought it because it had a 1000 gram rating, and also it was the only thing that would fit in our bathroom. Otherwise I would have gotten a Champion 4 or even a Caroma.

I take big craps, SIR. Bigger and more volume than a normal person does because I am on medication that causes constipation.
I probably should have mentioned that.

I've never tried with a quick handle flush, but I will just to test. But if it can barely take down my constipation after 3 days with a FULL handle flush, I am almost positive it won't with a normal handle push and release. And either will a Toto, for that matter.

Also, admittedly I am unsure if this is really an issue or not, but we have pipes that are 4 inches + in diameter that were designed for 3.5+ gallon toilets, so I am concerned also about drain line carry.

Regardless, the toilet works as I like, and that is all that matters to me.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I am on medication that causes constipation.

In that case I like the Caroma brand, or something in the Kohler line like the Highline with "Flushmate". The Flushmate gives good drainline carry after the flush.

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Not to stay

Your medical problem does make a difference.

you are correct the blue die was only for demonstration purposes only it was gone right after. oh this toilet does have a chemical resistant flapper I did ask AS that. Does that mean much?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most toilets have chemical resistent rubber in the tanks, and paperwork that states that chlorine products will void ther warranty. The rubber still goes bad, just not as quickly.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks