Moen Tub Faucet Shower Pull No Longer Works

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveOr

Reaction score
I have a Moen shower and the pull on/push off valve on the tub faucet no longer works very well after four months of non use. I've tried to search this forum for this issue but I'm not sure if I used the right search terms. From what I can see the rod pulls up a plastic plate which closes off the faucet sending the water up to the shower. Apparently there is no longer a tight seal. Anyone know of a quick remedy vice replacing the entire faucet head?
Thanks, Steve

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
It sounds like you have a "push buttom diverter". 3 options you can do

1) unsrew the diverter fro m the valve body and clean it with vinegar and water, then lubricate with silicone grease
or
2)Call moen, 1-800 number and explain your problem. They may send you a new diverter free of charge
or
3) abandon the diverter and replace your spout with a diverter spout (I don't recommend this, but its an easy fix)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It is not a pushbutton diverter, it is a diverter tub spout. Generally, they are not repairable. You could do as suggested and spray some white vinegar up into the nose and let it soak., then operate the pull-up button several times with water running.

SteveOr

Reaction score
The call to Moen did the trick. They sent me a free diverter repair kit which contains a pull knob, plastic faceplate, gasket, and directions. 1-2-3 and back to full shower pressure. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks