Single handle Grohe shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

scaasi

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to figure out what I'm hoping is an adjustment issue--I had my bathroom remodeled about 3 years ago. We installed a single handle Grohe valve (I'm not sure what the model number is), which worked really well.

Lately, water temp feels great at first, but then within a minute or so, it gets cooler. I then adjust to hotter settings, only it feels cooler a minute later again. Within about 10min, I'd be really close to the limiter safety knob.

I have a new GE 75 Gallon heater and I shower about 2 hrs after my kids, so there's really no way it's a water heater issue.

I'd really appreciate your help and suggestions.
Thank you.

scaasi

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Could it simply be that as you run the shower longer, which runs both hot and cold to the valve, since it's so awfully cold in Chicago this week, you need more hot water to compensate as the cold gets colder? This is one reason I like thermostatically controlled valves...as long as you have actual hot water, it maintains your desired setting, regardless of the cold's temp or the hot's.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks