American Standard Accelerator Flush Valve leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

peripateo

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have an accelerator flush valve that appears to be leaking. When I press down on the top of the valve where the chain attaches, the leak stops. So it appears to not be making a water-tight seal. Any suggestions? Haven't seen this before.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It sounds like you need a new seal. Those sometimes get blisters.

An accelerator?, More like a reducing funnel. It goes into a 3" hole.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Hi. Someone had the same problem a while back, and I laid out all the information they needed to get back in business, and they got the problem fixed. I told them in detail what product to get and where to get it.

Take a look at posts 12 and 14 by me, and the picture in post 15, in the following thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?18981-Lawsuit-or-Recall-of-Am-Standard-Champion-toilets

Let us know if we can help in any other way

(Terry, at least when he tells us "Accelerator", we know he doesn't have the tower flush. ;) ) [I wonder if there are any consumers out there who were mislead by the alleged "4-inch" flush valve, which is actually 3 inches. I have never done a class action suit (actually, maybe years ago we had one that was going there, but it settled), but it might be fun!]

Last edited:

peripateo

Reaction score
Thanks Terry and wjcandee! I replaced the seal with a Korky and it stopped the leaking. The original seal had begun to blister as you showed in the picture, wjcandee.

champion-4-flush-valve-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Fantastic! I'm so happy to hear that it worked out. Now you're good for five years, or, if not, you can call Korky and they'll send you a new one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks