Questions on venting my basement bathroom plumbing...

Users who are viewing this thread

bearnuts

Reaction score
Currently finishing my basement and am now working on the bathroom. I'm installing a Saniflo macerating unit with a toilet, shower and sink flowing to it. I DO NOT have any pre-plumbed venting. Obviously I'm below grade (single family ranch) and cannot access my existing plumbing vent stacks. What are my options to vent these items to the outside? If I vent them out the side of my house, will they smell?

bearnuts

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the response. Can ya give me an idea on how to do that? All the walls upstairs are insulated, so how do I get the pipe to the roof line?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Installing a vent from the basement in a single-story ranch shouldn't be that big of a deal. If you fear running a pipe through a wall you could always "hide" it in the back corner of a closet. Interior walls are usually easy work.

Fishing wires and plumbing through existing walls is a good skill more DIY folks should practice.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
This would be typical in order not to go through the house. All piping on the exterior of house will be 3" minimum in most juresdictions

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 562
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks