Kohler shower caukless adaptor tricks?

Users who are viewing this thread

T_Hartigan

Reaction score
Spent about 2 hrs trying to install a kohler shower drain. I cannot get the caulkless adaptor piece all the way down. I've soaped everything and just cannot get it installed.

Any tricks?

Thanks.

Tim

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Is the pipe coming up through the drain vertical or is the pipe off to one side not allowing the gasket to slide down? What kinda pipe is it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sometimes split off some wood to the correct size and use it as a blunt chisel to push the rubber seal down. Make sure it's flat on the end so it doesn't split or tear the rubber seal. You can tap the wood tool you made with a hammer.

T_Hartigan

Reaction score
Thanks. The PVC pipe was centered, but not perfectly square to the drain. I did use a mallet to get it down. I hope it doesn't leak as I dont want to do that again, ever.

Tim

Curlysir

Reaction score
I used a carpenter pencil and a plastic headed hammer to install the seal on my drain I installed recently. The pencil was the only thing I had close at hand and it worked. These seals are a real pain in the rear to install. I hope they are good.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I have a trick to install those on PVC pipe........But it is classified info. Top secret. I MIGHT would share it with Terry since it is his forum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks