Sta-Rite SND-L 3/4 hp

Users who are viewing this thread

eldyfig

Reaction score
I have 2 Sta-Rite 3/4hp pumps at my well; one pulling from the well, the other pulling out of the aerator. I live in southeast Georgia and we had some freezing temps lately. Well, the other night, I fell asleep on the couch and forgot to turn on the water outside to prevent the lines from freezing. Yesterday, after the water lines thawed out, I found the pump from the aerator had a cracked casing spewing water. I found a used casing locally and replaced it. Unfortunately, like a big oaf, I cracked the other side of the casing at one of the bolt holes by over tightening it. Now the thing is leaking a good drip every second. That isn't too bad for now, but it will need to be taken care of. The other side of the casing on this pump is the motor itself ($212 new).

I was wondering if this is my chance to go with a different brand pump. I read someone's opinion that Sta-Rite doesn't make good pumps, or was it the tanks? The well installer I called yesterday said he prefers Sta-Rite and recommended staying away from Myers. Any opinions here? They all count.

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
I would prefer Sta-Rite over the Myers even though they are both owned by the same company (Pentair). Myers uses GE motors (junk) and Sta-Rite uses an A.O. Smith motor (better than junk). The Sta-Rite will our perform the Myers also.

I prefer the Betta Flo Jet Pumps as they use Emerson motors (better than junk) and are independently owned. Not part of some giant master plan to wear out brand names.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks