Found source for Crane obsolete Drexel style faucet handles

Users who are viewing this thread

Peva

Reaction score
(Note: A Google search for a source for the subject handles also turned up a thread about them on the old board. It's probably a little late to help the OP of that thread, but I was so excited about finding a source, that I decided to post as a new thread here in case it could help someone else (original post on the old board is included at the bottom of this post). I have no connection to the two companies given as sources below - just providing the info. in case it will help someone.)

The following link is for Crane parts: http://www.deabath.com/Crane_Parts/crane_parts.htm

Scroll down to the last item on the page, and you'll see the exact handle asked about on the old board - called the "Drexel" model. These are reproductions - they actually appear to be made of better materials than the originals - so instead of lasting "only" 50 years, these may last 150! 8^) A little pricey, though, at $49.90 *each*! But probably cheaper than mat'l & labor for entirely new fixtures. One of my Drexel handles needs replacing due to exactly what they state (corrosion) - a Google search turned up that site.

They also have a repair kit that includes the handle adapters (the square pieces of plastic that adapt the handles to the stems) - though they are still available individually from places like PlumbMaster (800-523-5130) for reasonable prices.

Original post on old board - thread titled "crane faucet handles" (https://terrylove.com/wwwboard/messages2/34283.html)
: looking for faucet handles to crane sink from the 50s, they are mounted on sink that has taller center section than bowl, has flip lever to open/close drain, handles are round and are screw mounted in center

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks