One thermostat for room with two zones

Users who are viewing this thread

jr_spyder

Reaction score
I've been renovating my 150 house that on the coldest days never had a warm kitchen. I now have radiant heat in the floor in the kitchen on it's own zone and that should take care of me most days. The heat loss analysis says this won't be enough heat on some days so I also have a radiator in the same room also on it's own unique zone. Now the challenge is controlling them. One way would be to use two thermostats but I'd rather not have too much electronics on the wall in the old house. If I had two I could set the floor to 68 and the radiator to 63 (for example) so at least when I go to the kitchen in the morning, usually the worst time, it's not unbearably cold.

My question is if anyone knows of a single thermostat that can control both zones in the kitchen in the way I need?

Thanks,

JR

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Very common in Europe is to put a thermostatic control valve on the radiator. these are all mechanical, and adjustable. Essentially, it opens when the temp drops below the set point, and closes again when it gets at or above. This assumes that the circulator is on as it doesn't do anything to control that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks