Moving and changing shower valve help

Users who are viewing this thread

zoomzoom3

Reaction score
I went from a 34" X 48" pan to a smaller 32" X 48" pan. By doing this I just realized that my shower handles are way off now. I also was planning on switching from a two handle to a single handle moen valve.

(The left handle is actually where the center of the shower/valve should be)

1) How would I move the supply lines and valve to work with the new pan.

2) Can I just use two 45 degree fittings to move the left supply line to the left about 4-6" and then just leave the right supply line alone.

3) Does it matter how high I start the 45's.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

dan
IMG_2164B.jpg

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
the wall looks to be wide open. I would do what ever it takes to put the valve were you want it to be. You have the choice to place fittings anyplace you like.

good luck

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

IF you use the correct valve its openings will be on the sides, not the bottom so you can run the lines anyway necessary to get them into the proper position.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks