Looking for tub with dome / canopy / hood

Users who are viewing this thread

LeBlanc

Reaction score
We renovated our bathroom in 1984 and purchased an Aker tub with a 4-piece wall and dome set. It's just a regular tub (no jets or any other special items) that cost under $400 back then and we'd really like to buy a similar unit for another renovation.

Unfortunately, I am unable to locate the Aker company or any other company that offers a similar setup. no luck at my local Home Depot either.

Can anyone recommend a tub product that is not a one-piece unit, but does offer a dome?

Thank you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
MAAX tub shower

000_000_studio.jpg

Standard Feature(s)

• Integrated apron with access panel
  • Integrated shelves
  • Integrated soap dishes
  • Integrated towel bar
  • Left or right-hand drain
  • Roof cap
http://www.maax.com/en/Products/ProductInfo.aspx?CodeCategory=B&Brand=2&ProductType=3&Product=1786

LeBlanc

Reaction score
Maax Tub

Thanks, Terry. It's been a long time since I visited this site, but we did purchase a Maax domed tub like you suggested.

Everything is fine, and our other renovations also went well. we decided to keep the hot water hear, and we're very glad we did. Much nicer than the forced-air system in our other house.

Thanks again.

Richard

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks