Change ShowerHead at Attachment

Users who are viewing this thread

CZChang

Reaction score
Hi - I'm looking to replace this showerhead, but only at the female/male attachment. I'm quite new to this so I'm not sure what type of specifications I should be looking at to make sure the new one I buy will successfully attach at the indicated point. How do I know when buying a new showerhead that it will be able to join at that point?

Doing some research, my current one seems to be either
1) http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25e...shower+head&storeId=10051#product_description

OR

2) http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25e...eyword=shower+head&storeId=10051#.UEfdmY2PVvE

iEFKFiarYUIeA.jpg

le69PC9qx1Ls9.jpg

ioYCJg0b8KOIP.jpg

ibfVG5AaUCRdmd.jpg

Last edited:

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
The showerhead actually begins upstream from the joint you display, with the first nut that screws onto the pipe emerging from the wall. It is probably
a standard 1/2" Female Pipe Thread nut, which you will also find on just about any replacement showerhead. If for some strange reason you actually want
to replace only the parts you have removed, you will probably have to find an identical showerhead and dismantle it to get the items you need.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The only thing that will fit where you want to mount it is another shower head EXACTLY like the one you have. Take the other piece off the shower arm and you can use any shower head you want to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks