water mineral content

Users who are viewing this thread

Gpace1

Retired
Reaction score
A neighbor is selling RO systems. He offered to measure my mineral content. I currently have a RaynePure under sink system that purifies Rayne conditioned well water. The RO water measured 240PPM. The water straight out of the conditioner is 1200. The water straight out of the well is 900. His system is a 7 stage that brings it down to 20. I don't know if 200 is good or bad. It's my understanding that some content is good. His system is Simple H2O out of Onterio, Canada. Any advice?

Gpace1

Retired
Reaction score
I just measured my hardness with the Hach kit. 80 drops before it turns blue. So 80. . I am using 40 pounds of Morton System Saver per 8 days. Two people in the house. The undersink RO system is an RaynePure 4 stage. The 200 figure I referred to should have been 240 TDS. Yes, I found a calculator online that said my membrane was 83%. It is 15 months old. I ordered it from Purewater 4U. It is a Clack S1229RS 35GPD. I don't know about my neighbors" TDS tester. So I ordered one. I ordered a HM TDS-4. Don't know about pressure. Switch set to 40-60 psi

Gpace1

Retired
Reaction score
OK, today I got my TDS tester in the mail. It appears my RO 15 month membrane is not even working a little. TDS is 175 from BOTH kitchen faucet and RO faucet. TDS is 120 from refrigerator. AND 120 straight from the well. I guess I don't know what the hell I'm doing....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks