An odd air-bleeding problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Pbaxter

Reaction score
Have a 2-story house with one-zone hydronic baseboard heating (upper and lower floors are piped separately, but only one thermostat). This is an old house with heavy cast-iron baseboard radiators.

All rooms get heat EXCEPT one room on the upper floor. Naturally I expected to get air when I opened that room's radiator's bleeder valve. Instead I got lots of cold water and no air coming out (circulating pump was running).:confused:

What now? Clearly water is getting into this radiator -else I wouldn't get (cold) water out of the bleeder. After bleeding, the inlet side wasn't even a little bit warm.

Could the outlet side (downstream of the bleeder) be clogged?
Could the inlet valve be faulty (only letting water flow when there's a big pressure differential)?

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated

Msgale

Reaction score
there are 2 separate issues:'
is the air out of the system, answer: yes.

two is there any fwATer flow thru the ratidator, no.

The supply valve may be shut( that will still allow air to be bled bcs water would push up the return.)
or any other flow blockage

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks