oil fired water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

frenchelectrican

Electrician
Reaction score
Hello there ;

I hope this is a right spot to land this instering challange here,

Anyway,, i got a service call today at one place and this have oil fired water heater and it was malfunctiong got the control box went up the smoke with wrong voltage how this happend ?? i was not sure but the HO was messing around the breaker box and got the water heater on 240 v instead of standard 120v :eek: for oil fired unit [ this is a bracket (sp?) burner head ]

anyway myself and one of my freind [ he is cerfied HVAC ] and we both have to rebuilt the control box and i did undo the HO's mess on the wiring side.

anyway the question is there is a 30 gallon oil fired water heater on market or not this is about 20 year old water heater i dont know how long it going to last so if you have any idea who the manufacter still making this size of water heater ??

many thanks for your time ,

Merci , Marc

P.S. the fireing rate is at .75GPH in case you want to know the burner rate is

Last edited:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
frenchelectrican said:
Hello there ;
[ this is a bracket (sp?) burner head ]

I think you meant Beckett.
I'm not a big fan of oil water heaters.
When a customer has no propane or NG service I recommend electric over oil, mainly the expense of installation/maintanence vs their gas & electric counterparts.
Or I have them install an indirect to the boiler.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks