Different trip lever on Toto Willingham

Users who are viewing this thread

MichGuy

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just put in a Toto Willingham in my basement bath. We have the bath all done up using rustic bronze/oil rubbed bronze fittings and accessories. I went looking for a trip lever for the Willingham (part# THU147###) that would match the fixtures but no luck. I was wondering if I could make another model fit, like one from a Carrollton, Dartmouth, Promenade, or Whitney (part# THU141###). I was thinking the handle looks like it would unscrew (theres a screw on the handle) from the lever and if its right I could just screw that on to the one for the Willingham.
I don't want to buy one and then find out the mounting part of the handle is different. Anybody have a couple of these laying around and can check it out for me?
Thanks

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Sadly, there's no THU147RB. The THU141RB has been discontinued, but it might be available somewhere online or a local plumbing supply might be able to find one at their distributor.

Although these are both side-mount handles, the 147 is shorter and otherwise a different design on the rod side. The hole in the tank should be a standard size, and thus the handle should mount; I'm just not clear that the holes in the rod will be even close to an appropriate position to pull the chain on your flapper.

That said, there are lots of aftermarket trip handles that should work on your toilet. For example, you can get a knockoff of the THU147 in oil-rubbed bronze here: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/toilettanklevers.html#sidemount Scroll down to the replacement for THU147, which is their model number J-9147. I haven't used these guys personally, and this seems a little pricey (although it's exactly in the price range of the THU141RB). But it's only one of many options out there.

Let us know how this works out

Last edited:

MichGuy

Reaction score
I seen that one and thought the same thing $$.
I did more research and found only one company that makes the trip lever I'm looking for, Jaclo. They make the J-9147 and I've only found it on a few sites that have it for sale and they are all the same price, give or take $5.
I guess I'll leave it for the wife to decide. I personal would pay for the matching handle, whats another $80-$90 when you already spent $500 for an toilet plus it helps tie everything together.
Edit: I just found Mountain Plumbing sells a trip lever for the Willingham http://mountainplumbing.com/mt9147

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Edit: I just found Mountain Plumbing sells a trip lever for the Willingham http://mountainplumbing.com/mt9147

That's a good catch. Of course, it is available basically for the same price as the J-9147, so it's really up to you. I would see if I could save the $10 on shipping that some places charge, though.

It's also basically the same price as what Toto would charge for it if it made one (based on what it charges for other oil-rubbed-bronze similar handles).

You're right. It is what it is and it plainly is worth the expense to many people to have an integrated appearance, or folks wouldn't make them if they couldn't sell them.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks