Jaccuzzi parts ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff_Bathroom

Reaction score
Hi,
I just took a look at my parents bathroom. The insect guy reported to
them that there was a big leak under the house. Sure enough, they'll have to get the sub-floor replaced and maybe the jaccuzzi itself (which I'll probably end up doing).
Thing is that the tub still looks fine for the most part. I remember them trying to get replacement valves that control the bubble flow since they no longer turn. That could be the source of the leak. No luck anywhere finding parts.
Does anyone know of a place that sells replacement parts for old jaccuzzi tubs, like about 25 years old?
-- Jeff

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are you using "Jacuzzi" as a brand name or as a generic term for a spa? If it is the brand name, I'd start be getting any/all identification numbers and names possible, especially a model number or name. Try to identify every part that you will need. Some may be standard plumbing parts, other may be brand specific. Then contact Jacuzzi and see if they have the parts you need. I would not hold out much hope in finding obsolete parts at a dealer, but you never know. It could be that newer controls might retrofit. I had that experience with my 10 year old Hot Springs Spa recently. My heat failed and the replacement was totally different in appearance but it had been designed by Hot Springs to retrofit older spas. Works great!

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
Try on line auction

Customer of mine had old Jacuzzi brand tub and tried all over to get parts. Found one supplier that could get them but the shipping and price was outrageous. Someone suggested trying an on line auction and he found a company in New York I think that sold him new Jacuzzi outdated stock for 25% of what the supplier wanted with a money back guarantee. It's worth a try. Sorry, the name of the on line auction (You know who it is) gets blocked here for some reason?!

Jeff_Bathroom

Reaction score
Wet subfloor - replace it?

Thanks for the suggestions and info guys.
It's an original Jaccuzzi, but my folks tell me that a plumber
came awhile back and replaced one of the faucets and said that
they were Delta. Not sure if Jaccuzzi used Delta or if those were
retrofit later.
They've had no luck getting parts. I was thinking that we could try to
get something similar from another manufacturer.
Problem now is whether to yank the tub and replace the subfloor.
There's about an eight foot square area that is soaked.
If it's directly beneath the tub and not so much under the tile floor, I'm wondering if we can just fix the leak and dry out the plywood with fans from underneath. Seems that even if the plywood delaminates some, the tub will still be sitting on the plywood supported by the joists. I'm really trying to
avoid taking out the tub. That will mean removing tile above the tub lip
and all that. We may not be able to get matching tile. It will be pretty expensive and/or time consuming even if I do the work. Are there any real pitfalls to leaving the subfloor as is?...e.g. is there a big risk of mold, etc? or is this just a structural question?

Jeff_Bathroom

Reaction score
Thanks HJ,
The air controls are stuck...can't turn them.
Any third-party replacements, or do you think I can still
get them from Jaccuzzi ?

Jeff_Bathroom

Reaction score
Wet subfloor - anyone used epoxy fillers instead of replacing?

Hi,
I noted some products that you can pour onto a water damaged subfloor to stiffen it back up instead of replacing the subfloor. Anyone have luck with that method?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks