Back Outlet Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

got to fix it !WPB

Reaction score
wax seal leak

I have a back outlet toilet with no visible I.D. Just recently I noticed water on the floor on the other side of the wall from it. After thinking it was the bathroom sink I have now found that it is actually coming from where the wax seal would go if it were a floor outlet. This toilet does sit on the floor and look like a floor model but it is not. I have never delt with this before. I am quite handy and am pretty sure I can deal with this but being as this is on the second floor over a bed room I just want to get some pointers about it first! I know the drywall has to be replaced but what steps should I take to make sure the height on the outlet receiver does not change during this ???

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks