Noise from blower motor on Richmond 6G30-60 (induced draft)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave DIY

Reaction score
I just recently installed this water heater. Upon firing it up, the blower motor immediately began a high pitched "motor" noise. I would expect some noise, but this can be heard through the adjacent walls. You can even hear it through the floor, if you listen for it. My question is basically, "Is this normal?" Has anyone else experienced this type of noise situation? Should I contact the company for a replacement motor? The heater does appear to be functioning quite well, just loudly.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A high pitched "squeal" in an electric motor makes me think a bearing/bushing is binding. Certainly not normal. I'd pull the motor off and take it to a repair shop and have them listen to it, but you might go ahead and contact the company.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks