Framing a bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

maahlgren

Reaction score
Hello. I am getting ready to frame a 3/4 bath in my unfinished basement. I was planning on installing a one-piece shower at one end of a rectangular shaped bathroom, approximately 5ft wide and 11ft long. Can you tell me the rough dimensions I need to accomodate the shower? In other words, how wide do I need to make the bathroom? 5ft from stud to stud, 5ft from finished wall to finished wall?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Micah
maahlgren@netzero.net

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The rough framing for the shower will be determined by what the Mfgr. of the shower states the framing and RO size (rough opening) of the shower needs to be. When finished you need to measure all walls, floor and front opening from corner to corner , like a square with an X in it, to be sure it is true. the lenght from corner to corner should be the same for both measurements of each area you measure and to Mfgr. specs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks