single, moen; not getting hot water!!! plz help

Users who are viewing this thread

maor

Reaction score
Few months ago a handyman remodel the upatairs bathroom, I tried to shower but didnt get hot water...!!!!any suggestions will be appreciated!!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Under the handle is a hot limit stop it probably needs to be adjusted properly.
Do you know what the model # is?

maor

Reaction score
Thanks for replying!! and no i dont know the model#...! i took it apart ..... and it does have some plastic stopppers but even when i turn the water on with out them it still comes out cold ... i only get a little warm after i pass the 180 degree turn but only get a tritkle of water!!Any suggestions !!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like one of two things: the pressure balance spool valve is stuck, or there is some debris caught in the hot inlet. If there's an in-line stop valve, it could be closed. How old is the house? Could there be some galvanized pipes in there that are all clogged up with rust?

maor

Reaction score
im not sure around 50s and ill check for the galvanize pipe!!!\

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks