Spring improvement

Users who are viewing this thread

Idaho181

Reaction score
I have 7 natural springs on our place just north of the town of Nezperce Idaho. There are two small ones that I would like to improve. I'm interested in using some tires for this and would appreciate any info or suggestions on doing this. I just went to one of the 'wet spots' yesterday with post hole diggers and dug down 20 inches. Within 45 minutes there was 12 inches of water in this hole so I think I may need more than 3 springs improved. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Every guy would do a spring differently, but if you wish to drink it, stay away from tires. A backhoe would be your appropriate digging tool. Plastic 55 gallon drums are food grade and last forever. tie them together if you have some grade. you can slot them with a saw near the source to let water in. Or a "reverse" septic system can be installed with 4" pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks