Left Handed Thread Bushings

Users who are viewing this thread

Polecatt

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm looking to add a new radiator to my system and i will need a 1" to 3/4" bushing at the radiator. The 1" threads on the radiator are left handed.

I went to a plumbing supply store this morning and they said left hand bushings are not manufactured anymore.

Is this true?

Any suggestions where I might find a 1" to 3/4" left handed thread bushing in the GTA area (Ontario, Canada)

I'm also curious what a reasonable price for a dahl heavy pattern rough brass angle FxF radiator valve is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe online. I have not see left hand tread fittings in many years now. Are you sure the radiator itself if tapped left because I have never seen that. Usually there was a LH bushing run in there.

Polecatt

Reaction score
Absolutely sure the Rad is left hand based on the nipple that I took off of it. Did the common practice switch from left and right hand nipples to unions at some point in the past? Any idea why things changed? all the rads in my house use left and right nipples. All except for the largest have a 1" - to 3/4" left hand bushing. The bushings are left on both the outside and the inside.

Any thoughts on the cost of the valve?

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks