Installing softener in 2 story house with washer drain upstairs

Users who are viewing this thread

aross1974

Reaction score
We recently moved into a two story house that appears to not be softener installation friendly The laundry room drain is located upstairs and the water main itself is located off of the living room rather than on the garage side of the house like the other house we lived in. I have been going around with my husband about whether or not putting one in this house is even doable, plus we need to replace the head unit on the softener anyway since the dial broke on it about 8 months ago (an old Fleck system). So my question is--is it worth the hassle to put one in this house?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
We recently moved into a two story house that appears to not be softener installation friendly The laundry room drain is located upstairs and the water main itself is located off of the living room rather than on the garage side of the house like the other house we lived in. I have been going around with my husband about whether or not putting one in this house is even doable, plus we need to replace the head unit on the softener anyway since the dial broke on it about 8 months ago (an old Fleck system). So my question is--is it worth the hassle to put one in this house?
Does this house have a system right now?
Is it that the system is just not working?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks