Kinetico and Salt

Users who are viewing this thread

Gerry

Reaction score
Ive had a Kinetico softner for about 6 months now. I notice after it regenerates my water tastes a little salty, then it goes away shortly after that. I mentioned this to my dealer a few months back and he really cant give me a straight answer. It leaves a white residue on sinks where water has dried that wipes right off. I have also noticed that my humidifier filters are getting white salty deposits on them. Is this normal. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gerry

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Not familiar with that brand, but it sounds like it is not properly flushing the brine. Call the mahufacturer for service. These white deposits are not normal.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
connectico is an odd ball

conneectico is an odd ball unit.... I cant repair it ..parts are an issue, it is probably a two tank system, which switches back and forth during regenerations.

you are at the mercy of the person you bought it from.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

what is happenning is the salt is not being rinsed totally out of the unit during the rgeneration cycle.

they should be able to repiar it if they know what they are doing.

PS... drinking high levels of salt water will give you HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

if you have it already, get this problem fixed ASAP!!!

If they wont fix it , tell them you want your money back ect ect, call the BBB if necessary, whatever it takes

here is a site to a very good type of unit if things get ugly..

http://www.affordableh2o.com/softener/268info.html

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks