Shower drain fitting has pulled away from pipe - no access to plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Export!

DIY Member
Reaction score
This is in a cottage and there is no way to get to the plumbing underneath the shower. I can see it but I can't get to it (insanely tight crawlspace)

It's a problem. My guess is that is has been leaking since it was installed or maybe since the floor framing was braced and leveled.

The shower drain fitting has pulled away from the drain pipe and there is a gap. Of course a lot of water is leaking. In the closeup picture you can see the problem - the pipe is supposed to be up in the black collar in the drain. I thought I could simply push the pipe up from underneath and either strap it or brace it so it wouldn't drop again. Problem is that it's attached directly to the 3" main drain line and there is no movement whatsoever. And it is not accessible.

Are there any sneaky ways to fix this from the the shower end? The drain pipe is 2" ABS. IMG_8876.jpgIMG_8877.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks