radiator supply line

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve39

Reaction score
I have a gas fired boiler with hot water radiators. During a previous renovation I had radiator lines (supply and return) run into a room that was without a radiator. The pipes were stubbed in and individually capped. Now that I am renovating this room I have opted to to forgo installing a radiator as I am installing electric baseboard heat. My question is this: before I close in the wall where these pipes are located should I make a loop between the two lines or can I leave them individually capped? Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
radiator

It depends on the system. If it is a "MonoFlow" type diversion tee system you should tie the two together so the maximum water is available, or remove that tee, or tees depending on whether they used one or two MonoFlo tees, from the system.

Steve39

Reaction score
resolution

HJ
Wouldnt it be the safest bet to sweat the two together as I havent a clue if it is "monoflow" and any tees that exist are buried in a wall.
steve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks