just got an AO smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Bbillcee

Reaction score
just got a pcg-75 300 for $*** including tax..is that a decent price??....i know you guys don't like them much but my plumber friend highly recommended it and sent me to his friends supply house to get it

he is also gonna install it for me for $*** ...is that also fair?

question about efficiency...i have a 23 year State that i'm replacing....will i save much on gas with the new one or is really nothing...thanx

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Labor price should not even be determined until the situation can be analyzed. Only then can a price be verbalized. At that point it is yours to decide if it's fair. A thorough job that will last long and safely keep you with hot water is what I determine to be fair.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
It is very hard for anyone on the internet to compare prices for you. Each of us get different discounts at our suppliers if they get any at all. Plus labor rates are determined by the cost of each guy to do business in his or her area. Meaning A guy in some where in Southern Illinois will be cheaper than the guy in Downtown Chicago. Mainly due to cost of living differences.

If you truly want to find out if what your "plumber friend" is charging you a fair price for the equipment and his time then you should call local plumbers in your area and ask them how much they would charge you for that type water heater installed. Please do not take this as me being harsh, its just the facts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks