Moen Monticello Tub Faucet Flow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate R

Reaction score
Installed our Moen faucet this weekend. Temporarily screwed in the faucet to test it out.

It's a single handle (Posi-Temp) Moen Monticello.
Feed: 3/4 Copper out of the water heater to 3/4 PEX. 3/4 Pex splits to 1/2 inch Pex going to the tub and 1/2 inch Pex to the sink.

It seems like the flow out of the tub faucet isn't right. If it's on anything but full hot or barely on at all, the flow seems to not stay tight together but instead flatten out and separate.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRLLCVlk0N8

Is this normal, or is it usually a tighter, more column-like flow? If it's not normal, why? What can I do about it?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Those spouts do not have stream regulators so it looks normal to me. At full flow the opening is filled so the water has less space to "splash" and at low flows there is not enough to splash.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks