Just an idea.... modifications of UniFit adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Looking at
unifit_choice.jpg
from
https://terrylove.com/wc/unifit.htm it seems that the 12 inch Unifit adapter is made from the same pieces as the 10-inch, but that an extender is added.
0301-20.jpg
And the 16 has 2 of those extenders.

It seems to me that if a toilet had clearances, Toto could offer an 18-inch rough in toilet.

It also seems to me that somebody could make a kit to make a 13.4 inc rough-in or whatever size from a 12. I suspect the glue cannot be defeated, but maybe an extender piece could be made that could be cut to length. Just idea.... It won't be me.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There would be a technical limit on how long you could make the adapter...too long, with the volume of water in the flush, and it may not achieve the siphon needed to pull it all through - some amount has to be falling down the drain at the end before you stop dumping water from the bowl to pull it all through. Should work as long as you didn't exceed that. Get is any longer, though, and you wouldn't be able to hide the wall end with the toilet base.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
There was another thread regarding modifying the adapter and I believe that it was determined the the pipe used in the adapter is not a standard pipe size.

Reach4

Reaction score
The special applications would be low volume, but a machine shop could turn out some pieces. In a few years we will be discussing making special adapters on our 3-d printers. :)

Imagine a system where the manufacturer designed the system to incorporate a length of 2-inch PVC that the plumber could cut to the exact rough-in distance desired.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's more about the length of the bowl. How long to do you "want" a bowl sticking out from the wall. Right now the 14" takes up most of the space up front. I don't think you can extend it 4" more inches and get the bowl to set down over it.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Even if it would somehow be possible, the expense of doing it would be more than having a plumber relocate the flange.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They could do it if they cut a "half moon" opening in the front of the toliet for it to stick out. Or spend mega dollars to redesign the bowl to cover it, so they could sell ONE toilet to you.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks