Price Pfister Single lever shower NO COLD!

Users who are viewing this thread

andysaul

Reaction score
Just bought a home. The single lever Price Pfister faucet (not sure of model number):cool: :cool: has no cold. I took out cartridge but really could not see anything I though looked wrong or out of the ordinary. House is about 6 years old.

Thanks for your help!

Andy

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did you run some cold water after you pulled the cartridge to see if any is making it through the valve? Some shower valves have little stops built into them. Check to see if there is a cold stop that needs to be turned on. You'll need a straight screwdriver to turn it on if there is one.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Assuming it is a pressure balanced valve (required for awhile now), there is a sliding piston in the valve that adjusts the flow if the pressure varies on one side or the other. This can shut off one supply or the other if there is a 'hiccup' in the system (like someone flushing the toilet) which prevents the water temperature from changing too much. It may be stuck to one side if both input supplies are okay. I'm not familiar with the guts of that valve, so maybe it could be cleaned up, but a new cartridge should fix it if it can't. This piston must be free to move, or it can demonstrate the symptoms you've seen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks