American Standard tub/shower faucet 1960s, Push-Pull

Users who are viewing this thread

BobMcIntyre

Reaction score
I have an old American Standard single pull shower/tub faucet (from the 1960s, I think). It leaks out the handle. I'd like to replace the rubber parts, or whatever is causing the leak.

I've attached a photo of the faucet, in case anyone can identify it or offer advice.

Attachments

• AmericanStandard1.jpg
    AmericanStandard1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 8,704

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
American Standard "push/pull" faucet. Do an internet search and you will find the repair kit. It usually in the $100.00 range. Getting the parts is the easy part. Getting the valve apart to put them in is the difficult job.

as_n1130.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FOr $100 in parts, I almost think it may be worth getting a new valve that meets current anti-scald regulations. While you can repair that 50+ year old valve, a new one isn't that much more (at least in parts). Depends on access how easy it would be to replace entirely.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks